Tech Lead - Infrastructure and Cloud Computing
The future is social — and our technology powers meaningful digital communities, helping everyone to find a sense of belonging and to connect with other like-minded people. Amity currently has over 200 employees spread across offices in Bangkok, London, Milan, and Miami, and over 27 nationalities.
As the Tech Lead, you will be responsible to maintain a horizontal view over the multiple projects of the product; make sure to maintain coherence between the different projects in both functionalities and technical approaches, and support their teams in their implementation. Our Cloud Native Infrastructure team manages a Kubernetes cluster management system to host microservices, serverless applications, data processing, distributed storage services, and edge computing platforms for the company.
The team builds and leverages a container-based cluster management system to manage elastic computing resources, and provides PaaS hosting capabilities to our developers and infrastructure services. This cluster management system is designed to be capable of managing Amity Social Cloud’s machines across multiple data centers, and managing hundreds of containers and applications for our business, with high agility, large scalability, high availability, and extreme performance assurance.
The job is located in our HQs in Bangkok, Thailand. However, we are able to provide and support a remote working set up for the first 6 months from your home country and with a relocation allowance to successfully move and settle in Bangkok. In order to build a world-class team, Amity welcomes people from all over the world.
Your day-to-day responsibilities:
- You will lead our DevOps and cloud engineers team of 5, working on-site in our Bangkok office and help actively in our DevOps adoption.
- Lead all aspects of technology infrastructure engineering, operations, and management of on-prem and cloud-based production systems to ensure availability, performance, and scalability
- Manage, innovate, and create new processes, automation, information security and tooling that continuously improve our product and services' availability, scalability, latency, and efficiency
- Define strategy, processes, and procedures for 24x7 site reliability, run books, escalation workflows, production incident resolution, and disaster recovery plans
- Ownership of all Cloud, Network, Virtualization. Server, Datacenter, and related services on AWS and GCP service across our products
- Build application orchestration framework to host various types of production workloads, covering services management, big data jobs, and distributed storage services.
- Build strong container-based cluster management to manage our hyper-scale resources and workloads, with horizontal scalability and extreme e2e container startup latency
- Oversee budgeting for technology infrastructure and cloud computing
- Demonstrate strong leadership skills by mentoring, coaching, and giving timely, accurate feedback to employees for development purposes
- Effectively communicate with all levels of management and across all functional areas regarding applicable IT priorities and project statuses
- Represent the department and the organization favorably and always uphold the established company standards and associate attributes
- Design and build flexible distributed resources and tasks scheduling framework to meet various needs
- Design and build cluster federation, horizontal scaling, vertical scaling, and co-location solutions to optimize resource utilization
Your ideal profile:
- Degree in Computer Science, similar technical field of study or equivalent practical experience
- 8 years+ hands on Linux administration experience, we use mostly Ubuntu
- 5 years+ cloud experience (AWS, GCP, Azure etc, we use AWS) with AWS Server based architecture
- 5 years+ IaC and configuration management experience, we use Terraform and Ansible
- Overseeing and working on application design on Cloud.
- Preferably AWS certified.
- 5 years+ CI/CD experience, GitLab CI but also a bit Jenkins
- 3 years+ Kubernetes experience, we use EKS
- 3 years+ MongoDB experience, self-hosted and a bit Atlas
- experience to run Node.js based applications
- Experience with source code management practices and systems
- Experience with Agile methodology
What’s in it for you:
- Check out more about our company, Bangkok team and our benefits click here